|Intranet||Français | English | Español | عربي|
In 1617, Jacques de Maillé-Brezé, Marquis de la Flocellière promises his beloved Lady Hamilton to build a monastery for the repose of her soul. In 1640 the Carmelite Order arrived in Flocellière and the monastery was dedicated on August 15th, 1658 to Notre Dame de Lorette, where the Marquis had traveled on a pilgrimage.
The building, doomed to ruin after the passage of the "infernal columns" during the French Revolution, was restored thanks to the tenacity of Father Dalin who also built a most faithful replica of the "Santa Casa" of Lorette.
The Municipality assisted by the General Council decided to renovate the deteriorated chapel whose vault had suffered extensive water damage.
he initial solution put forward for the vault renovation was replacement of the existing chestnut battens with Nergalto® expanded metal lath.
However, the company Au Plâtre d’Antan proposed preserving the original technique:
|… and the cherubs, a new life|
|Cherubs before||Cherubs after|